8 Questions to ask your Wedding Venue ->
What is the capacity for the space?
- Find out if table set up affects capacity
- Ask about your layout options
What are your deposit and cancellations policies?
- Ask when deposit and full balance are due
- Find out how late you can cancel and still get a refund
Will I have access to spaces besides the event room?
- Ask about bridal suites and places to take photos
- Determine if there are enough parking spaces and restrooms on-site
What on-site coordination services do you offer?
- Find out who will be in charge of the event on the day
- Ask if there will be a host or hostess on-hand for guest needs
Does your staff have health and safety training?
- Verify if staff is trained in CPR and First Aid
- Ask about T.A.M. training (Techniques of Alcohol Management)
Is your catering menu flexible? (if they include catering)
- Browse the selections for variety
- Find out if you can design your own menu
What is your bar policy? (again, if they include bar services)
- Ask if you can have an open bar
- Look for variety, including frozen and non-alcoholic drinks
What special amenities do you offer?
- Ask about secondary food servces – late night snacks
- Is anything else included in your rental – lounge furniture, lawn games, etc
photograph by Layce Bauman Photography